Horseperson of the Year Nomination Guidelines
Do you know a special person who should be considered for the honor of Horseperson of the Year?
- Long term, serious commitment to equine activity in the Midwest
- May be professional or amateur.
- Should have contributed in many areas, i.e., western shows, English shows, 4-H, Rodeo -- Little Britches and High School, trails, legislation, clinics and other equine related activities.
- Usually the individual will have been a horse owner for many years although it certainly is not a requirement. (The person could have worked "behind the lines" to great achievement.)
- A mature individual, "long term commitment."
- The individual should have excellent character.
- The individual will likely be recognized by members of many horse-related groups, and perhaps by the general population.
Write a letter nominating that special individual. Clearly write reasons why the individual meets the above requirements. Be accurate; facts will be checked. Current members of the Board of Directors of the Minnesota Horse Council are not eligible for consideration. Past recipients are listed below.
Entries must be postmarked no later than November 1st.
Send your letter to:HORSEPERSON OF THE YEAR COMMITTEE
Dawn Moore, Chairperson
PO Box 1095
Minnetonka, MN 55345-0095
Or contact by email