The Minnesota Horse Council promotes and supports the state’s horse industry through a variety of activities and funding mechanisms.
- We run the Minnesota Horse Expo, which brings thousands of horse-related vendors, professionals and enthusiasts to the Minnesota State Fairgrounds every April.
- We fund and improve horse trails in Minnesota through our Trail Blazers group.
- We work on state legislative issues and with local governments on laws and rules that affect the keeping of horses, their use, and sale.
- We promote equine-related education through scholarships to students.
- We promote equine-related activities through grants and direct funding awards.
- We provide disaster relief when horses need immediate space, feed and care due to natural disasters.
- We certify qualified stables throughout the state to promote quality and safety in the stable industry as well as "Pride in Ownership".
- We promote education about various horse breeds through our Aisle of Breeds at the Minnesota State Fair.
- We recognize outstanding horse people in the state with our Horseperson of the Year Award, and our Pioneer Award.
- We have taken a lead in the state's response to Unwanted Horses in Minnesota.
- We provide sponsorships at horse shows and other events.